About Me

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
A poltical idealogy for me has really never been narrowed down into what "party" im in, but what situations I agree on from my experiences and the experiences I see happening to others around me. I could have a Liberal view on an issue but have a stance in a more conservative overall outlook. Personally, I have that general family you see on the movies.... one aunt is democratic, ones republican, ones so on and so forth. I was raised in the country riding horses, down south with a bunch of country folks. and then I lived in Austin, LA, Alanta, Georgia where the liberal side had come out in me. I am taking this class to get more of a basic understanding on the United States government and advance from there. Sadly enough, the majority of Americans do not know how our country runs, and how the government works and I happen to be in that majority! Hopefully soon I will be out! Current events to me happen to Rihanna and Angelina Jolie not to our laws, military or anything of that sort. I hope to learn, to grow, and grasp the idea on American government

Friday, May 13, 2011

Lawmakers want photos of Bin Laden released!?

CNN reports that lawmakers have asked for Bin laden's death pictures to be released. In the recent capture of the terrorist, we have been filled with joy and relief that the search has come to an end. But the question remains if the public should see the "gruesome" pictures of the man we longed to be captured? Many Americans demand the proof that Bin laden is dead but why should we be put in harms way to satisfy a somewhat 'sick' curiosity? The answer is we shouldn't! If our government was to lie to us about the capture/death of Bin Laden why would they wait 10 years and many american deaths later? The math doesn't add up and the capture of Bin Laden is in fact true as many officials have seen the pictures of the dead terrorist, and even give harsh details about the pictures. Most government officials have seen the pictures and asked whether or not it is at interest for us to see them. One official says " In my opinion, there's no end served by releasing a picture of someone who's been killed, and I think there is absolute proof that Osama bin Laden was in fact the person ... killed," said Hoyer, D-Maryland. Others have ordered it and said the curiosity for doubtful Americans to be fulfilled and for us to be joyous. The best for us to know to protect our men and women over seas and even out home country is not to release pointless pictures of a dead terrorist leader to the public. I think personally Obama has made the right decision for the country and is keeping our best interest at heart.

2 comments:

  1. Response to a Colleagues Blog #7

    We have come to an end of another semester and so for my last blog, I wanted to find a colleague's blog that no one had commented on. Also, find a topic that did not involve President Obama's birth certificate and the feud between him and Donald Trump, even though I had written about them in my Blog #7. I found Maria's Govt Blog 2305 very interesting. Maria makes some great points of an article she found on CNN. Our countries' lives were deeply impacted when Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, Flight 93 crashing in Pennsylvania, and especially the North and South Towers of the World Trade Center collapsing on September 11, 2001.

    Flash forward 10 years later and the person responsible for the hideous crime have not only been captured, but DEAD. My colleague’s blog mentions reports of requests for photos of Bin Laden's body to be released. Maria brings up a great point. Should the people of this great nation view the death pictures of Bin Laden?

    I can remember watching the news come in through my television, as I anxiously waited to see what was going to happen next in N.Y. and wanting to know if my cousin was still alive. As much of a memorable, unforgiving, and unimaginable crime 9/11 was, I have just as much faith in our government knowing that they will make the correct choice for our nation should the pictures of a dead Bin Laden be released. Maria brings up a great point when she reacted NO, the pictures of his death should not be released. Just like her, I know our government would not lie to the people.

    President Obama has proven himself as a president for our great country. Now with the capturing and death of Bin Laden, the president will still continue to prove himself to the people of the United States of America as well as people across the world. I have much respect for our president as he makes important decisions that involve people, finances, and all possible and important issues. So if he does choose to release the pictures of a dead Bin Laden, I know our great nation will do just as those people did before and after 9/11 and STAND TALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to agree with what you and some of the Americans should be feeling. Why should we Americans need proof when our government tells us that Bin Laden is dead. Plus our President has proven his self so by the way he has been governing us and the implementing of the new laws.
    I remember when I came home and it was on the news that Bin Laden was dead and they were showing pictures that he was dead.

    ReplyDelete